Name: YAO CHEN TAO
EMAIL: [email protected]
Analysis 1 5
Scarcity & Choice 5
Demand and Supply
Budget Line &Utility
I have found out five news articles in different themes. They are from food industry, transportation industry, fashion industry, technological product industry and Electronics goods industry. In this report, I will analyse the transportation industry and how they affect Production Possibility Frontier. Next, I will analyse on the Demand and Supply of fashion industry and Market Equilibrium of the technological goods industry. Then, follow by Elasticity of demand and supply of food industry. Finally, the Marginal Utility per Dollar spent on electronics goods industry.
1. Food industry: The new research found that New Zealand’s soft drinks have more sugar than other western countries. A lot of doctors and New Zealand Dental Association have already called for the action to have regulations like sugar taxes to reduce the sugar content in page. (Herald, 2018)
2. Transportation industry: Ford’s chairman said China will be the leader of selling and using electronic cars in the future. Not only Ford, general motors like Volkswagen, Daimler and other automakers will also compete in Chinese market in the future.
3. Luxury industry: Most people buy the luxuries are Chinese students and tourists. It promotes greatly the luxury market. This industry has invigorated by a cash injection from them. Chinese push the market to a higher level.
4. Technological product industry: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd started a new work in USA. It had begun producing washing machines. The new factory will produce one million product in 2018 and create more than 1,000 jobs in 2020.
5. Electronics goods industry: Chinese smartphone brand—-One Plus banned the payment by credit card online because of the credit card fraud. After a customer reported about this, dozens of other customers claimed about this in the One Plus forum.
Scarcity and choices
People have a big need for one item and when there is another better item can be instead of the old one, the need of the old one will be decreased.
In the next few years, most general motors companies will start produce electric cars and try to sell as soon as possible. Electric cars are innovative technology, they can reduce the exhaust emissions and China will be one of the biggest country of selling this kind of cars. The government is pushing to dominate the market to help to solve pernicious pollution problems and curb its dependence on oil imports. In this situation, electric cars are seemed to be instead of the normal cars.
Demand and Supply
The relationship between price and quantity of the same product that consumers are able to buy is called demand. When price increase, the quantity demand decrease.
The relationship between price and quantity of the same product that the producers are able to supply is called supply. When price increase, the quantity supplied will increase.
Herald. (2018?1?16?). New calls for sugar tax after research finds more sugar in New Zealand soft drinks than US ones. ????: http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/australasia/article/2128477/new-calls-sugar-tax-after-research-finds-more-sugar-new.